Current Jackpot

Lotto in Denmark

In the lottery in Denmark, 6 out of 48 are drawn on Wednesdays and 7 out of 36 on Saturdays. As a player, you must tick at least two rows of numbers. For a win, at least four numbers must match.


You can win the jackpot on Wednesdays with 6 right numbers and on Saturday with 7 right numbers. A bonus number only matters in the second stage. Since 2008, you can expand your lottery ticket with the game „Joker“ . The Joker results from the number on the game receipt.

The average jackpot amounts to 6 million kronas (about 440,000 euros). The highest win was paid out in 2013, amounting to EUR 56,700,000 (EUR 4.23 million). The winner had a long-term lottery ticket for the lottery on Wednesday (6 out of 48).


The lottery ticket can be filled out in the newspaper departments of the supermarkets or online. You must be at least 18 years old to participate. Online you have to fill out at least ten rows for 40 kronas (approx. 5.3 Euro). In supermarkets, two rows cost 4 kronas (about 50 cents).

The drawing of lottery numbers has not been broadcasted on TV since 2013, but can be watched live on on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 19:45.

Lottery provider

Lotto is offered by the company "Danske Spil", which also has other games on offer. 80 percent of the shares are held by the Danish state. The remaining 20 percent are owned by the Danish sports and gymnastics associations. 45% of the revenue is paid out to the players as winnings, the rest to the sports federations.

Tax-free winnings

Lottery winnings are tax-free in Denmark. However, the later interest rates must be taxed.